So today I got dressed out to run with my kids. We did a “follow the Lister” run for a mile and a half. We must have been going pretty slow, though because at one point a couple of the kids asked if they could press the turbo and go faster. So I sent them on an extra loop around a couple backstops while I led the slower part of the group in a different direction. They all caught up of course. After a mile and a half of craziness we headed out the front gate for a mile and a half of self paced running. I finished in the middle of the group. Total run – 3 miles.
Next I changed out of the stinky running clothes and headed over to AV Physical Therapy to work with Clay. I was sore from last nights speed work, though so I was not able to do as many reps on the various exercises Clay had me do. Clay has been having me work on core strength. Let’s see if I can remember all the exercises he is having me do:
- bridges with feet on a ball – alternating 5 leg lifts on one side, 5 leg lifts on the other side plus 5 ball rolls. 5 sets
- rower machine – 3 reps where I pull down on the rower, while lifting one leg upward, 5 x right side, 5 x left side.
- rower machine – 2 reps using squats.
- Throwing a ball at a trampoline while kneeling on one knee with the other leg out in front – 20 throws each side.
- Throwing a heavier ball with two hands – on each side and with both knees side by side.
- Leg and Arm lift in a hands and knees position. (Didn’t do this one today.)
- Sit on exercise ball with one leg lifted in air. Clay throws a ball all over the place and I have to catch it and throw it back (FUN!)
- push up position with feet on ball – added some leg lifts.
- Squats- 4 x 20
- Val Sliders – 2 x 15 per leg
- Kettle Bell lifts with one leg.
- Therabeques (sort of like an arabesques)
- INCH WORMS!!
After I got home and had some dinner, Cheryl wanted to go for a walk. So, we headed over to the mall and walked our 1 1/2 mile limited shopping loop.
It is nice now to be home relaxing.
Edited to add the Inchworms- How could I have forgot the inchworms?
The one other thing that Clay has had me do was the Big Rope Waves…..