After Tuesday’s post, I recommitted myself to taking it easy this week. I added 5 more miles on Wednesday morning with Chuck and Lance and 5 again this morning with Chuck, Lance, Dawn, Lauren and Tiffany. It was nice having such a crowd out there. Tomorrow I will rest and Sunday I will race! Woo Hoo!
I have begun to look ahead to what I will be doing after the marathon on Sunday. Here is what I am looking at so far:
- June 9 – LA County free 5k at Apollo Park, then work day at Pelona Vista Park
- June 23 – Spirit of Gettysburg 5K
- July 4 – Independence Day 10K in Santa Clarita
- July 5 through August 9 – HDR summer XC series races
- August 18 – AV Fair WAVE Race! (maybe Cheryl will let me run it)
- Dec 9 – Santa to the Sea Half Marathon in Oxnard
- LA Marathon 2013
I read an article the other day about a Spartan race – you know one of those mud and obstacle things….. There is a short version in Malibu in December and a longer one in Temecula in January…..